There are many unrealized sales opportunities in just about every auto repair and tire dealership. Minimizing missed sales opportunities can be done quickly by having a good telephone sales training program and a sound communication philosophy.
During this free educational webinar, a panel of expert shop owners, Danny Smith, Same Day Automotive (6 store chain), Jeff Tucker (3 store chain) and Dan Molloy (former partner in 104 store chain) will share with you how to quickly find missed opportunities and bring in more business IMMEDIATELY.
Being an automotive repair shop owner can be challenging enough during the best of days for even the most seasoned leaders. To be successful during a pandemic may seem like an impossibility. We know you have questions about what’s happening right now, and Shop Owner magazine, along with an expert panel has some answers. Each of these skilled professionals brings his own expertise and experience to our roundtable – and with the help of Babcox Media Research we will focus on improving your profitability during these unfamiliar times.
There are many myths when it comes to filters. Some think filtration is only about the number of pleats and surface area, while others think it is all about the construction. In this 30-minute training webinar, you'll learn what makes a great oil and cabin air filter that is a balance between efficiency and capacity.
- What happens to a particle that is trapped in the media of an oil or cabin filter?
- What is the difference between filtration efficiency and capacity?
- How many layers of material in filter media?
- How do the OEMs measure filter performance and determine service intervals?
The webinar will focus on real world diagnostic scenarios:
- Oil filter bypass specifications
- Duct temperature and cabin air filter restrictions
- Variable valve timing and oil restriction
- Can a cabin air filter prevent mold growth in the evaporator case?
Did your shop grow or just survive the past few months? For it to grow and be nimble in the “New Normal” your shop needs to take the right actions NOW.
This webinar will teach you real world solutions for your shop that you can put into place right away.
You will learn:
- Proper Service Advisor Training that will bring you shop sales.
- How to increase and improve your productivity and efficiency.
- Best policies to increase your vehicle count.
- How to stabilize your finances – Especially in the “New Normal”.
- How to hire your own dream team.
- How your marketing initiatives are more important than ever now - and why you need to double-down on this important aspect of owning a business.
Most shops are aware of ADAS technology and the potential need for service, repair, and calibration. The key question is whether your shop is prepared to service ADAS systems? Without the proper equipment or training, shops are potentially jeopardizing the safety of their customers. During this free webinar you will learn the best recommended practices for servicing ADAS systems so you can determine if your shop is prepared.
Drivetrain, suspension and brake noise or vibration complaints can be some of the most difficult problems to diagnose. In a 30-minute webinar sponsored by GSP, we look at the complete corner of the vehicle and how components can work together to produce or counteract noise and/or vibration. These skills are becoming even more important as engines get quieter and electric and hybrid drivetrains become more common.
Take your shop’s skills to the next level when it comes to selling and diagnosing batteries. In this two-part training series, experts will help you build a battery strategy customized to your shop, your technicians, and the modern vehicles you service. According to JD Power, batteries are the most frequently replaced component not related to normal wear and tear in three-year-old vehicles. The importance of battery sales is only going to increase as vehicles age.
Part 1: Maximizing Your Shop’s Battery Business
Tuesday, March 31 -- 2pm EDT
Changes in vehicle technologies are having a big impact on batteries. These changes are creating opportunities for skilled shops – and barriers for retailers and parts stores. This 30-minute training session will give you tools and techniques you can implement today to capture more sales and service dollars from your customers. You’ll learn about:
- Developing a charging systems inspection routine
- Building trust with the customer by communicating with them about the condition of their battery
- Establishing a smart battery business based on analytics
- Charging your customer for battery and charging system diagnostics
Part 2: Advanced Battery Inspection and Diagnostics
Thursday, April 30 -- 2pm EDT
Learn how new technologies such as stop/start, ADAS and intelligent power management systems are changing inspections and diagnostics. The 30-minute training will cover how to use an advanced battery tester, scan tool, and scope to diagnose the charging system and battery issues. The presentation will cover:
- Performing battery resets and registrations
- Diagnosing modern power management systems from domestic and import nameplate manufacturers
- Diagnosing battery-related generic and manufacturer trouble codes
- Testing cranking voltage drops with a scope
Honda, Chrysler and many other OEMs are using intermediate shafts on front-wheel drive vehicles. This layout keeps both drive axles the same length to minimize torque steer. For shops and technicians, it is an additional diagnostic, service and parts opportunity.
In this free 30-minute webinar, our expert presenters will cover the following topics:
- How to inspect and diagnose driveshafts and intermediate shafts
- Inspection of splines and circlips on intermediate shafts
- Bearing brackets common failures
- Intermediate shaft installation methods to minimize damage to seals, bearing and brackets
- Parts solutions that minimize comebacks and maximize labor time
- What's new in CV designs
We love to talk about the things we love. Whether it’s our favorite sports team or the new burger place we tried last night, we can’t seem to help ourselves when things delight us. And it’s totally natural. Almost effortless. It doesn’t feel at all like an advertisement to us or the person we’re sharing it with.
Anyone with a local business knows instinctively that they live and die by word-of-mouth. A recent study found that a staggering 90 percent of purchases are influenced by word-of-mouth.
But how can you get people to talk spontaneously about your repair shop like this? The answer is surprisingly simple, yet profound - be remarkable.
Come join this webinar and learn:
- How to give your customers a remarkable experience
- How to kickstart a word-of-mouth engine for your shop
- Simple steps and takeaways to take “give [your customers] somethin’ to talk about”
You could be damaging a new battery and not even know it. We are not talking about cables or hold-downs -- we are talking about performing the procedures to reset, register or code the replacement battery to the vehicle. In this free 30-minute webinar, professional trainers will discuss the tools and procedures you should be using when you install new batteries on late model cars and trucks.