The star of the show for this summer’s sweepstakes campaign is a one-of-a-kind Raybestos ’32 Roadster Pickup. The sweepstakes has been developed to help technicians celebrate the racing heritage and reliable performance of Raybestos brand Brakes and Chassis parts. From now until August 31, 2010, technicians, DIYers, racefans and fans of Raybestos brakes can enter to win the Raybestos ’32 Roadster Pickup — built by Troy Ladd of Hollywood Hot Rods in Burbank, CA. The traditionally inspired hot rod combines retro styling with modern technology and know-how.
Professional repair shops and technicians can purchase a Raybestos ’32 Roadster Pickup Promotional Kit through normal Raybestos sales distribution channels. Every promotional kit includes a limited edition, embossed, 24” x 36” tin tacker sign featuring artwork by legendary hot rod illustrator, Jeff Norwell. It also includes a promotional poster, a retro open wheel banner, five hot rod t-shirts (with the same artwork as the tin tacker sign), a free goods certificate, a countercard display with 50 tear-off cards. The kit also includes a sweepstakes entry certificate, which provides technicians with a chance to win the grand prize roadster pickup, as well as the second prize – a Matco Hollywood Hot Rods edition toolbox.
Repair service customers who visit participating shops also have a chance to win the grand prize. With a minimum $25 purchase of Raybestos Brakes Professional Grade or Advanced Technology pads, rotors or wheel hubs, or Raybestos Professional Grade Chassis products as part of their brake service, consumers can redeem a tear-off card from the shop’s countercard display to receive a FREE Raybestos / Hollywood Hot Rods t-shirt. Redeeming the card also automatically enters that customer into the sweepstakes for the Raybestos ’32 Roadster Pickup.
Counterpeople are eligible to earn a FREE tin tacker sign utilizing special counterperson tally cards. With every 50 Raybestos Brakes Professional Grade or Advanced Technology pads, rotors or wheel hubs, or Raybestos Professional Grade Chassis products sold, counterpersons can complete and submit their tally card to receive the oversize tin sign featuring the Raybestos ’32 Pickup. All completed tally cards also serve as automatic entry into the sweepstakes.
The Raybestos Roadster Pickup has been called the “ultimate parts hauler & shop truck.” Inspiration for the hot rod’s design is as if it was the Raybestos factory parts truck & show car in 1963, delivering brakes for the Indy roadsters up and down Gasoline Alley – as IndyCars were in fact running Raybestos brakes pads at the Indianapolis 500 throughout the 1950s and 1960s. Design cues are pulled from open-wheeled Indy roadsters and Sprint cars of that era.
The Raybestos RPU will feature:
• 1932 Brookville Steel RPU body and custom fabricated box (BrookvilleRoadster.com)
• From Ford Racing, the all new 5.0L Ti-VCT “Coyote” V-8 engine from the upcoming 2011 Ford Mustang – deconstructed and re-dressed with vintage accessories to resemble the iconic 1963 Ford 427ci SOHC race motor (FordRacingParts.com)
• Custom vintage-style stack fuel injection setup from Hilborn (HilbornInjection.com)
• A F.A.S.T. engine management system for modern reliability (FuelAirSpark.com)
• Tremec 5-speed manual gearbox (FordRacingParts.com)
• Aluminum quick change rear axle
• Complete Raybestos Brakes package (Raybestos.com)
• Wilwood Engineering racing pedal assembly with balance bar (Wilwood.com)
• Bias ply Firestone Indy roadster period correct tires from Coker Tire (Coker.com)
• One-of-a-kind custom gauge cluster by Redline Gauge Works (RedlineGaugeWorks.com)
• Custom shifter, linkage, pedals and assembly by Gennie Manufacturing (GennieShifter.com)
• “Lakes” style headers will be handmade by Hollywood Hot Rods, with oval cones, fabricated from polished stainless steel components provided by Megs Exhaust Builders Warehouse (ConeEng.com)
• WIX oil and fuel filters (WixFilters.com)
• Traditional style tuck & roll interior
• Powder coating, metal coating, and media blasting work by Pacific Coast Powder Coating (PacificCoastPowderCoating.net)
• C&R Racing custom built aluminum radiator (CRracing.com)
• SATA spray equipment (sata.com/USA)
• PPG automotive paints (ppg.com)
Follow the Raybestos Roadster Pickup build progress, photo galleries, and video updates from builder Troy Ladd at our newly-launched website: www.RaybestosGarage.com.
For more information on the promotional kit, sweepstakes, or for questions on any Raybestos brand brake or chassis product, visit www.raybestos.com or call (800) 323-0354.