The new program provides a lifetime warranty on hardware, expanded technical service hours and a software overhaul. According to OTC, these efforts were based on direct Encore owner feedback. The software update, Bravo 2.0, is provided for every Encore owner with or without an active diagnostics subscription. Technicians will see a faster, more stable tool with additional vehicle coverage and a reduction in screen-to-screen waiting times, according to OTC.
OTC says Bravo 2.0 focuses on making the tool faster and easier to use while expanding coverage and capabilities. Major improvements can be found at OTCTools.com/diagnostics-for-life, and include:
- The first OTC scan tool with Bosch’s coverage database for European vehicles, focusing on Mercedes-Benz, BMW and Volvo
- Reduced wait on screen-to-screen time
- Faster, more stable operating system with expanded vehicle coverage and support
- AutoID vehicles in as little as two seconds with 99 percent VIN coverage on 2008 and newer vehicles
- Clearer user controls on available and unavailable features per vehicle
- Additional coverage for Audi, BMW/Mini, Chrysler/Jeep, Ford, GM, Hyundai, Kia, Mercedes-Benz, Nissan, Toyota, Volkswagen and Volvo
- More complete vehicle and tool coverage along with extended-hours technical service
“A diagnostic tool can be a technician’s lifeblood in fixing a vehicle, so it must have the most up-to-date coverage for any vehicle that rolls into the shop,” said Ed Lipscomb, OTC product manager. “With the Diagnostics for Life program, we’re offering technicians the ability to not only have the newest vehicle coverage, but to have the hardware warranted for the life of the tool, and backing it with technical service during the hours they work.”
Diagnostics for Life also offers expanded technical service hours. OTC has committed to making support available during the workweek, on nights and weekends to help ensure that technicians have the information and support they need to fix customers’ cars.
The Diagnostics for Life program applies to existing and future purchasers of the Encore. To qualify for Diagnostics for Life, technicians must maintain an active, uninterrupted diagnostics subscription with OTC.
The Bravo 2.0 software update includes:
- 9,058 new vehicle-ECU combinations
- Improved AutoID VIN success rate, rising from 87 percent to 99 percent
- New special tests and systems coverage for Mercedes, BMW/Mini and Volvo
- Additional coverage for domestic, Asian and European vehicles
For more information on Diagnostics for Life and the OTC Encore and lifetime warranty, visit http://www.OTCTools.com/Diagnostics-For-Life.