The growing library of practical, hands-on technical training videos produced by Wells Vehicle Electronics surpassed 500,000 views recently on the global YouTube.com social media network. More than 400,000 of these views have been registered in 2010, reflecting the company’s aggressive new technical and brand marketing activities.
Comprising dozens of in-depth training segments designed to serve the needs of automotive technicians, parts professionals and do-it-yourselfers, the “Wells Tech” training library ranks among the most popular video series from any aftermarket supplier.
Developed by the company’s Technical Services department, the Wells Tech series includes nearly 20 in-depth diagnostic case studies for professionals and DIYers, several vehicle systems reviews for parts professionals, and a variety of programs exploring the design and production of modern engine management components. These videos can be easily accessed on YouTube’s “WellsTech” page as well as on the award-winning www.WellsVE.com website.
“We have seen a dramatic increase in the use of our free online video library, website and other technical training resources,” said Bill Nonnamaker, vice president of sales and marketing, Wells Manufacturing, L.P. “Most importantly, we’re receiving requests every day for additional video segments and other tools, which demonstrates that aftermarket professionals consider Wells the premier source of technical information within the engine management and vehicle electronics categories.”
Among the Wells diagnostic and training videos now available online are:
• Distributor-less Ignition (DIS) Training
• Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Training
• Evaporative (EVAP) Training
• ABS Diagnostics & Repair
• Computer “No Communication”
• Nissan Cam/Crank Sensor Testing, Throttle Body Cleaning & Idle Air Relearn (P0507)
• GM 3.1 EGR Replacement/Port Cleaning
• GM 3.1 Cam Sensor Replacement
• LS711/LS922 Chrysler/Jeep Ignition Switch
• Early Ford EGR Pressure Sensor Diagnosis & Replacement
• GM Type I DIS DR143/DR148/C860 Testing & Replacement
• Chrysler 1995-03 2.0-2.4L Cam Sensor Replacement
• Oxygen Sensor Heater Circuit Testing
• Digital Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor Diagnostics
• GM Type II DIS System Cylinder Misfire Detection
In addition to Web-based video training and an array of interactive resources offered through WellsVE.com, Wells offers a toll-free technical support hotline featuring Master and L1 ASE-certified technicians. This service is available at 1-800-558-9770, Option 3 (7:30 a.m. – 7 p.m. CST), or by email at [email protected].