Sedona engine cooling fan blades were redesigned as of August 23, 2001 production to reduce fan noise. The new-design engine cooling fan assembly may be used as a field fix for in-use complaint vehicles built before August 23, 2001 production.
1. Remove the two bolts and loosen the clamp on the air intake duct; remove the duct.
2. Remove the two bolts securing the hood latch to the upper radiator support.
3. Remove the three bolts at each end of the upper radiator support.
4. Release the four wiring harness clips from the upper radiator support.
5. Tilt the upper radiator support forward and release the clip on the hood release cable. Remove the upper radiator support.
6. Remove the three cooling fan attaching bolts.
7. Disconnect the engine cooling fan connector. Remove the cooling fan, using care not to damage the radiator fins.
8. Install the new fan and reassemble in reverse order.
Note: Use caution when installing the upper radiator support to prevent pinching the wire harness or hood release cable.
Courtesy of Identifix.
For more information, visit www.identifix.com.