OTC has expanded its product offerings with the release of its new 6701 Pitman arm puller set, which allows technicians to quickly and efficiently remove the Pitman arm from the steering gear without the need to remove major steering system components — saving them time during removal and installation work.
This set contains three Pitman arm pullers for a wide range of applications on 1993 and later GM, Ford, Dodge and Jeep models. The product includes the OTC 8150 conical pitman arm puller, 6496 compact pitman arm puller and 6497 super-duty pitman arm puller.
Designed for the toughest Pitman arm jobs and developed using top-quality materials to provide long-lasting durability, OTC Pitman arm pullers are slim enough to fit into tight areas, but sturdy enough to withstand high torque pulls on most domestic cars and light-duty trucks. The 6701 Pitman arm puller set includes:
8150 Conical pitman arm puller
- Conical design sits securely on pitman arm for more force transfer
- Applications include:
- 1994 – 2008 Dodge Ram and Ram 1500, 2500, 3500
- 2019-later Ram 1500
- 1999 – 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee
- 2007 – later Jeep Wrangler
6496 Compact pitman arm puller
- Compact design saves hours during R&I of pitman arms
- Allows R&I of pitman arm without removing major steering system components
- Live center forcing screw requires less effort, designed for use with a standard wrench
- Ford applications
- 1996-1997 F-350
- 1997 – 1999 F-250
- 1997 – 2004 F-150, Expedition; Lincoln Navigator, Blackwood; Isuzu Hombre
- GM applications
- 1983 – 2005 Chevrolet Blazer, S10, S15
- 1988 – 2000 Chevrolet Silverado K1500, K2500, K3500 and GMC Sierra
- 1988 – 2014 Chevrolet Suburban 1500, Suburban 2500 and GMC Suburban/GMC Yukon XL, Cadillac Escalade ESV
- 1995 – 2014 Chevrolet Tahoe and GMC Tahoe / GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade
- 1999 – 2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500, 2500, 3500 and GMC Sierra
- 2002 – 2014 Cadillac Escalade, Chevrolet Avalanche, Hummer H2 and Cadillac Escalade EXT
- 2003 – later Chevrolet Express 2500, 3500 2WD/4WD, 4500 and GMC Savana
6497 Super-duty pitman arm puller
- Works on 2005 and newer Ford F-250 and F-350 4×4 Super-Duty trucks
- Removes the pitman arm from the steering gear without removing the steering gear
- Clamp bolts with wing nuts tighten jaws to the pitman arm for a secure fit and strong pulling power
- Maximum jaw spread: 3-1/4 in.
OTC’s new Pitman puller set is available now on OTC’s website and through OTC distribution partners and resellers. For more information on OTC specialty tools and equipment, visit OTCTools.com.