Models: 2011-2012 Hyundai Elantra
Some Elantra vehicles may exhibit a slight rattle noise condition from the center muffler heat shield underneath the vehicle.
1. Lift the vehicle to access the center muffler heat shield cover (A).
Locate the heat shield weld points as indicated in the photo on the right:
• (B) Forward location
• (C) Rear location
2. Apply the clamp to the heat shield area at the forward location.
3. Bend the clamp around the heat shield and exhaust pipe. Insert the bolt into the clamp to hand thread into the welded nut end.
4. Rotate the clamp around side of the exhaust pipe (passenger side of car) and align the top of the welded nut flange with the bottom of the heat shield.
5. Tighten the clamp fastener using a torque wrench set to 7- to 11-ft/lbs. Verify that the clamp is tight by attempting to rotate by hand.
6. Repeat steps 2-6 at the rear location weld point.
Courtesy of ALLDATA