On June 2, 1907, John B. Wittlin (shown here) opened a blacksmith shop and auto repair job business on Appleton Avenue in Menomonee Falls, WI. Three years later, Wittlin’s Motor Company is born as the original shop expands beyond repairs and begins selling Ford cars. With this expansion comes the addition of a second location in Cedarburg, WI.
In 1921, the business offered a filling station and rented out cabins for travelers on Highway 175. By 1947, Wittlin’s Service becomes a second-generation business when Ed Wittlin purchases the business from his father, John B.
Ed also expands the business by having a taxi service for transportation between Menomonee Falls and Milwaukee. Third-generation owner, John M., purchases the business from his father, Ed, in 1986. Four years later, the business expands from a two-bay shop to a four-bay shop, adding additional gas pumps and a full convenience store.
In 2002, Wittlin’s Automotive Service joins ACDelco’s Total Service Support (TSS) program. Last month, Wittlin’s Service celebrated 100 years of business, and Ed Wittlin, 85 years old, still opens the business weekdays at 5:30 a.m.
Photo courtesy of the Wittlin Family.
Information Source: ACDelco.