Model: Jetta Sedan, Manual Transmission Vehicles
Some things to consider before unnecessarily replacing hydraulic components when diagnosing a customer report that the clutch pedal won’t return to its position.
– Does it occur when moving or stationary?
– Does it happen when the vehicle is turning?
– Are the engine/transmission locating dowel pins in place?
– Are the engine/transmission supports aligned and secure?
– Is there anything under the dash interfering with the pedal assembly?
– Does the ambient temperature have any influence on when it occurs?
– Is there any complaint of noise when it occurs?
– Most important of all, can you duplicate the complaint?
Courtesy of MotoLOGIC® Repair & Diagnostics.