It’s time for fans of Federal-Mogul Motorparts’ Champion Spark Plug brand to cast their votes to name the grand-prize winner of the Champion “King of the Road” contest. Enthusiasts can vote for one of the top 10 finalists to win the $5,000 grand prize and title “King of the Road.”
Voting opened yesterday at AlwaysAChampion.com and will continue until 8:59 a.m. EST on Aug. 17. The grand prize winner will be announced Aug. 24. The vehicle that receives the most votes will be crowned “King of the Road” and will receive the $5,000 grand prize, awarded by Federal-Mogul Motorparts, a division of Federal-Mogul Holdings Corp.
“Our 10 finalists have maintained some amazing cars and trucks, and it’s easy to see the passion they all share. It’s evident in their work,” said Jessica Wynn, global director, digital marketing and strategy, Federal-Mogul Motorparts. “That same passion exists behind the Champion Spark Plug brand, and we look forward to this exciting time of year when we can name one of them our ‘King of the Road.’”
The 10 finalists were chosen over a 10-week voting period this summer by enthusiasts on the Champion website. Each finalist received a $500 cash prize before moving into the grand-prize voting round.
The finalists are:
• Daphne Norris, Bryceville, Florida; 1965 Ford Mustang
• Tim Kowalchick, Jacksonville, Florida; 1967 Chevrolet Camaro
• Kevin Henry, St. Marys, Georgia; 2007 Dodge Ram
• Mark Ritter, Lakewood, Colorado; 1969 Dodge Super Bee
• James Laurita, Commack, New York; 1970 Ford Torino Scramjet
• Eron Paaso, St. Marys, Georgia; 2015 Dodge Dart GT
• Eddie Campbell, Pikeville, Kentucky; 1970 Chevrolet CST/10
• Robert Atkinson, Jacksonville, Florida; 2014 Dodge Challenger R/T
• Tanya Morewood, Tottenham, Ontario; 2007 Dodge Charger
• Mike Ashley, Fruit Cove, Florida; 1967 Chevrolet Impala SS Convertible
To learn more about each of the finalists and see the vehicles, visit AlwaysAChampion.com and click on the “King of the Road” link.