All models with TPMS.
KMA has received several inquires regarding TPMS light ON with or without Stored Diagnostic Trouble Codes in Memory. The following listed components/conditions may cause the control unit and wheel sensor communication to be interrupted and may cause multiple DTCs.
• Some cell phone chargers;
• Some laptop computers;
• Exciter tool connected while driving the vehicle;
• Some portable navigational devices (GPS);
• Aftermarket RKE, burglar alarm remote start systems;
• Power inverters:
• Portable MP3 players;
• HAM radio equipment;
• High tension power lines and radio station towers;
• Vehicle anti-theft locating devices;
• Portable DVD players;
• Incorrect instrument cluster; or
• Excessive aftermarket wiring tie-wrapped and coiled on or near TPMS module. This may create a magnetic field causing concern.
Always use the correct part for the proper model year and production range. Failure to do so may result in vehicles which are difficult to repair and can be subject to warranty chargeback.
Courtesy of ALLDATA