2003-’06 Mazda6 vehicles equipped with manual air conditioning system
Some vehicles may experience an air selector mode switch that will not switch into recirculation mode. This condition may be caused by a lack of continuity in the mode switch.
1. Verify the customer’s concern.
2. Record the customer’s pre-set radio stations.
3. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
4. Remove the climate control unit assembly. See Figure 1.
5. Replace the mode switch with a modified part. See Figure 2.
6. Reinstall the climate control unit assembly.
7. Reconnect the negative battery cable.
8. Re-enter the customer’s pre-set radio stations.
9. For 2006 models only: Perform the “Power Window Initialization Procedure.”
10. Verify the repair.
Power Window Initialization Procedure:
1. Turn the ignition to the On position.
2. From the driver’s seat, ensure the window lockout switch is not depressed. See Figure 3.
3. Press the window switch down to fully open the door window.
4. Pull the window switch up to fully close the door window; hold the switch up for two seconds and then release it.
5. Move to the front passenger seat and repeat steps 3 and 4 on the passenger window switch.
6. Verify the proper window operation using each door switch.
Courtesy of Mitchell 1.