A radiator vent hose replacement fitting is available (P/N 99 00 0 003 352) for the applicable models and should be used if a vent hose fitting replacement becomes necessary.
The radiator vent hose fitting is located on top of the left side radiator tank. See 1, Fig. 1.
E38: 740 and 750 with M60, M62 and M73 engines; and
E39: 525, 528, 530 and 540 with M52, M54 and M62 engines.
Note: It’s not necessary to replace the radiator if a broken vent hose fitting is found.
1. If a broken vent hose fitting is found, loosen and move the radiator fan cowl aside to access the vent hose fitting. See repair manual group 17, section 17 11 031 for repair tips.
2. Carefully remove the old fitting from the radiator tank (using two thin bladed screw drivers).
Note: Remove the broken fitting piece from the vent hose if necessary.
3. Install the new fitting into the radiator tank and reinstall the vent hose.
4. Check and top up coolant as necessary.
5. Pressure test coolant system and check for leaks. See repair manual group 17, section 17 00 009.
Courtesy of Mitchell 1.
For more information on Mitchell 1 products and services, automotive professionals can log onto the company’s website at www.mitchell1.com.