Premium synthetic lubricant manufacturer Royal Purple has announced Frank Daniels’ custom 2010 Chevrolet Camaro as the grand prize winner of the brand’s fourth annual “Show It Off at SEMA” contest. As this year’s winner, Daniels’ Camaro will be sponsored by Royal Purple as a featured vehicle on display at the 2014 SEMA Show in Las Vegas, November 4-7.
The Royal Purple Show It Off at SEMA contest was hosted online on Royal Purple’s Facebook fan page throughout July and August. Over the course of two separate seven-day periods, vehicle owners had the opportunity to submit a photo of their vehicle for the opportunity to display it as a featured vehicle at the SEMA Show. The top five finalists who received the most votes from more than 30 entries were chosen by Royal Purple, with the grand prize winner selected by an expert panel of five judges.
“I selected Frank Daniels 2010 Chevy Camaro because this is the prototypical SEMA vehicle,” said judge Mark Fields, who was last year’s contest winner. “With all the over the top modifications like wheels, engine, body modifications, electronics and rear spoiler, it would fit in perfectly in Las Vegas.”
Daniels’ Camaro was selected by Royal Purple’s panel of judges that included:
1. Townsend Bell – TV personality and professional IndyCar and TUDOR United SportsCar Championship racecar driver sponsored by Royal Purple
2. Tim “Skrape” Katz – Automotive enthusiast, Vice President and Co-Founder of Authentic Brands Group LLC, TAPOUT LLC
3. Jeff Thisted – TV personality from Discovery Channel’s hit new show “Rods ‘N Wheels”
4. Mark Fields – 2013 Show It Off at SEMA winner
5. Carrie Strange – 2013 Show It Off at SEMA winner, co-owner of Strange Motion Customs in Lewisburg, Tenn.
“It has been four years since Royal Purple started the contest, and we are continually amazed at the quality and scope of the entries we receive each year,” said Royal Purple Marketing Specialist Marlena Solomon. “Selecting just one winner from the finalist field is always tough. Daniels’ Camaro will be in good company with the other feature vehicles at the Las Vegas Convention Center at this year’s show.”
As part of the grand prize, Royal Purple will handle all SEMA feature vehicle fees and show registration for Daniels. He will also receive two SEMA Show credentials, five nights of hotel accommodations in Las Vegas, a variety of Royal Purple apparel to wear, and a seat at Royal Purple’s VIP dinner in Las Vegas.