Raybestos Powertrain has announced the introduction of Raybestos Hybrid Technology (HT) friction clutch plates. According to Raybestos Powertrain, the new Raybestos HT plates merge the oil flow benefits of segmented friction plates with the strength and durability of a full wafer to achieve optimum fluid flow dynamics. “This is a breakthrough innovation for Raybestos friction clutch technology,” said David Coolidge, CEO ofRaybestos Powertrain. “By combining optimum fluid flow with a new, industry leading friction material our testing proves we outperform OE materials.”
The company says its new Raybestos HT series of plates is the next generation of friction clutch and is competitively priced when compared to OE friction clutches. The Raybestos HT Plates will be available for a wide range of transmissions including those for GM, Ford, Chrysler and many imports. Raybestos HT friction plates will be offered separately in bulk or as part of a clutch pack module.
According to Raybestos, the HT’s performance-enhancing features include:
• Resistance to extreme heat caused by high-energy loading;
• Enhanced shift feel thanks to its higher co-efficient of friction and favorable E/M ratio;
• Higher torque capacity than conventional high energy material;
• Low material compression, a critical factor in maintaining piston travel;
• Smooth yet quick engagements thanks to an endpoint/midpoint ratio that remains constant even under increased energy; and
• Excellent compliance to the reaction plate/fluid interface.
To learn more about Raybestos HT friction clutch plates, visit the company at the ATRA Powertrain Expo, Booth No. 409 and at AAPEX Booth No. 4461.
For additional information on Raybestos HT and the full line of Raybestos Powertrain products, go to www.raybestospowertrain.com.