ITW Global Brands has launched the new Rain-X Silicone Endura Wiper Blade featuring innovative silicone rubber technology. This premium beam blade, made with precision-engineered silicone rubber designed to endure the toughest weather conditions, is available exclusively at Walmart and online at www.walmart.com.
The Rain-X Silicone Endura squeegee is proven to last two times longer than traditional natural rubber squeegees, and features Climate Defense Technology which defends from the damage caused by the ozone, UV rays, wet weather, extreme temperatures and normal driving wear and tear, said the company.
“We understand drivers want a wiper blade that performs in extreme weather and inclement driving conditions, while lasting throughout the seasons,” said Cheryl Petrishin, senior brand manager for Rain-X. “We are able to push the limits of wiper blade durability by unlocking the superior features of silicone technology. Our silicone rubber squeegee has exceptional weatherability properties and can withstand long exposure to the elements. We are proud to launch the Rain-X Silicone Endura Wiper Blade, providing consumers an expanded Rain-X premium silicone wiper blade portfolio to choose from.”
Benefits of the new wiper blade include:
- Specially Formulated Silicone Squeegee: Lasts two times longer than traditional natural rubber squeegees, based on third party testing, for ultimate durability, said the company.
- All-Weather Performance and Superior Wipe Quality: Silicone rubber retains its flexibility and stability in the most extreme temperatures and inclement weather conditions, so it will not crack in the heat or freeze in the cold.
- Climate DefenseTechnology: Acts as a safeguard against windshield wiper fluid, oil, salt spray, road grime and other chemicals encountered while driving, that can cause rubber to rapidly deteriorate.
- Symmetrical Pyramid Spoiler for 3D Air Control: Shaped to control air flow. Designed to provide air guidance for a downforce, increasing blade contact on the windshield while minimizing wind lift, for quality wipe performance.
- Uniclick Adapter System: Pre-installed hook adapter with fast and easy switch-out option for specialty adapters.
In October 2019, Rain-X launched a national media campaign to educate consumers on the benefits of Rain-X premium silicone wipers blades. The campaign is scheduled to run through March 2020 during peak season for inclement weather when visibility and safe driving is top of mind for most drivers.
The cornerstone of the campaign is the television commercial Fire & Ice which demonstrates the superior resistance of the silicone rubber squeegee against the toughest elements. The comprehensive national media plan includes television, streaming video, social media, programmatic digital pre-roll video, YouTube ads, RetailMeNot retailer-specific promotions, and more. The campaign runs on major networks such as ESPN, ESPN2, Fox Sports, NFL Network, Discovery Channel, DIY Network, USA and Travel Channel.
Rain-X Silicone AdvantEdge is available at Advance Auto Parts, AutoZone, Carquest and Pep Boys and Rain-X Silicone Endura is available at Walmart.
Visit https://www.rainx.com/products/wiper-blades/ to learn more about the Rain-X wiper blade portfolio and the innovative silicone wiper blade. The website contains convenient tools such as the Blade Size Finder and instructional installation videos for all Rain-X wiper blades.