OTC has announced upgrades to its Encore diagnostics software, featuring enhanced vehicle information and expanded vehicle coverage. An all makes, all models diagnostic tool, Encore’s Bravo 2.7 release improves capabilities for technicians, adding more tests and vehicle coverage while making the tool faster and more responsive, according to the company.
Important highlights of the software release include TPMS updates and improvements to tests for diagnosing various issues with Ford, Chrysler and Toyota vehicles. In total, the release increases coverage for 642 new systems and 2,314 new vehicle-ECU combinations. With the update, technicians can expand their testing and diagnostic capabilities within the shop as they work to fix customer vehicles.
Additional Encore software enhancements include:
• Tire pressure reset tests for many 2000-’05 vehicles
• Throttle position tests for many 2005-’09 vehicles
• Tire type/pressure selection tests for many 2011 vehicles
• EVAP tests for numerous Ford and Toyota models
• DEF tests for 2013-2015 Chrysler vehicles
Encore software updates include global OBD II coverage in Spanish. Full information on the latest Encore software update release can be found at otctools.com/products/otc-encore.