“Building the Road to Great Technicians” will be the featured topic at the National Automotive Service Task Force (NASTF) Spring 2016 General Meeting. The NASTF Spring Meeting will take place from 1-4:30 p.m. CST on Wednesday, March 2 in Overland Park, Kansas.
“The aftermarket has a lot of education available for kids to working techs,” said Rob Morrell, independent co-chair of the NASTF Education Committee. “But, it’s time to plan how we expect to develop and keep really great technicians in the future.”
Participants in the discussion will include:
• Jill Saunders, product engineer, Technical Information & Diagnostics, Toyota Motor Sales
• Mark Saxonburg, manager, Alternative Fuel Vehicles & Environment, Industry/Govt. Relations, Toyota Motor Sales
• Scott Brown, president, iATN
• Trish Serratore, president, NATEF/AYES
• Chris Chesney, senior director of customer training, CARQUEST Technical Institute
• Kevin FitzPatrick, president, Autologic Diagnostics Inc.
• Rob Morrell, training director, WORLDPAC
“The need for great technicians is shared by both dealers and independent shops,” says Jill Saunders, OEM co-chair of the NASTF Education Committee. “We can work together to improve our chances for a brighter future.”
Major components of the “Building the Road to Great Technicians” session will include:
• Current automotive technician training and programs
• OEM technician career path programs
• Comparing U.S. technician training against other country training models
• Contemporary aftermarket training programs
• Professionalism and recognition of achievement
• Building a structured plan for the industry’s future
The NASTF Spring 2016 General Meeting will be held in conjunction with the VISION2016 Hi-Tech Training & Expo at the Overland Park Convention Center. No registration is necessary for the NASTF Spring 2016 General Meeting but registration is necessary to attend VISION events. Visit visionkc.com to register for VISION2016.
The entire afternoon meeting will be webcast by iATN from nastf.org and will be recorded for future viewing from the NASTF YouTube page, youtube.com/NASTFdotORG.
More information and the agenda for the NASTF Spring 2016 General Meeting is available at nastf.org/GeneralMeetings.