Professional technicians will have an advantage in the repair shop and be ready for anything that comes their way with the latest diagnostic tool from Snap-on, the new SOLUS Edge. With sophisticated functionality, advanced graphing features and an intuitive user interface, SOLUS Edge comes fully integrated with the all new SureTrack online resource to help technicians improve diagnostic accuracy and reduce repair time.
“In order to be the best in the repair shop, technicians need an edge that allows them to work faster and work smarter,” said Helen Taylor, marketing manager, Snap-on Diagnostics. “The new SOLUS Edge was created with our technician customers in mind, combining SureTrack expert information, faster operation and a larger display with a thinner profile, to give them everything they need to complete every repair with confidence, every time.”
SureTrack is a comprehensive source of expert knowledge that combines diagnostic experience, repair timesavers and verified parts replacement records harvested from millions of successful repair orders. In addition to SureTrack, the SOLUS Edge also allows access to the exclusive Fast-Track Troubleshooter, which puts millions of experience-based troubleshooting tips and timesavers right at the technician’s fingertips.
Technicians get the Snap-on advantage when they choose the SOLUS Edge:
• Exclusive integrated SureTrack vehicle repair tips and parts replacement records for successful repair
• Consistent hardware and software improvements for effective, accurate and expedited diagnostics
• Reliable coverage; published in a detailed vehicle application guide
• Access to the most comprehensive software available for European, Asian and domestic vehicles
• A support program, including the Customer Care hotline, extended warranty, online training and long-term software upgrades
• Essential factory-level functions with every upgrade: cylinder contribution, hybrid power, automated EVAP, brake bleed, caliper rewind, ECM reset and more
• Cause & Effect Diagnostics, letting technicians multitask with multiple views of functional tests and live data, to verify actual cause and effect of vehicle failures
The thinnest Snap-on diagnostic tool ever, the SOLUS Edge features a re-designed eight-inch screen with a slight viewing angle for enhanced readability in any light. Technicians will appreciate that the SOLUS Edge boots up and is ready to use in five seconds and has a steady-charge lithium-ion battery system that charges automatically from the vehicle for continuous use.
The SOLUS Edge provides detailed trouble code definitions, live data, functional tests, relearns and adaptations with the ability to record all available live data parameters and graph any four on screen at once. It also features custom data lists, freeze-frame, PID sorting, pause, zoom PID trigger, snapshot and cursor functions, and comes with a USB port for PC connectivity so technicians can save, print and share using ShopStream Connect software. An embedded SMX Operating System dedicated to diagnostic functions delivers fast and reliable operation.
For more information on the new SOLUS Edge, visit http://diagnostics.snapon.com/SOLUSedge.