2007 & 2008 Elantra
The access to the rear caliper lower mounting bolt is obstructed by the upper control arm. The service procedure below provides the steps necessary to remove the rear brake caliper.
1. Lift the vehicle off the ground and remove the rear wheel.
2. Slightly loosen the rear upper arm mounting bolt on the frame without removal.
3. Remove the rear upper arm mounting bolt at the knuckle.
4. Lower the rear upper arm at the knuckle.
5. Remove the rear brake caliper assembly by unfastening the mounting bolts.
6. Reinstall all removed parts in the reversed order of removal.