- 2002 Civic Si All;
- 2003 Civic Si from VIN SHHEP3…3U400001 thru SHHEP3…3U406119; and
- 2003 CR-V from VIN SHSRD6…3U100001 thru SHSRD6…3U106587; from VIN SHSRD7…3U100001 thru SHSRD7…3U141932.
Knocking coming from the front suspension while driving over a bumpy road.
The damper shaft nut isn’t tight enough.
Loosen and retorque the damper shaft nut to the appropriate torque specification.
Test drive the vehicle over a rough road while turning left or right. Note any noise and the side(s) it comes from.
- Hold the damper shaft with a 6 mm hex (Allen) wrench, and loosen the damper nut 1/2 turn with a 17 mm crowfoot and ratchet. See Figure 1.
- Hold the damper shaft with a 6 mm hex (Allen) wrench, and use a torque wrench with a 17 mm crowfoot to torque the damper shaft nut to 49 Nm (36 lb-ft).
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 for the other side, if necessary.
- Test drive the vehicle to confirm that the noise is gone.
Technical service bulletin courtesy of Mitchell 1.
For additional information, visit www.mitchell1.com.