ATF+4 – (Type 9602) is being used as factory fill for Chrysler Group automatic transmissions. ATF+4 is recommended for all vehicles equipped with Chrysler Group automatic transmissions (except Sprinter transmissions, Crossfire transmissions, MK/PM vehicles equipped with Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) and WG vehicles equipped with a diesel engine (sales code ENF) and a W5J400 or NAG1 transmission (sales code DGJ)).
•ATF+4 must always be used in vehicles that were originally filled with ATF+4. DO NOT USE ANY OTHER FLUID.
•ATF+4 is backward compatible with ATF+3, ATF+2 and ATF+. Additionally, ATF+4 can be used to top off vehicles that used ATF+3, ATF+2 or ATF+.
• If ATF+4 is used to service models originally filled with ATF+3, ATF+2 and ATF+, the fluid maintenance schedules listed for that model do not change. The service interval currently in effect for a given model should continue to be followed.
In general terms, if ATF+, ATF+2 or ATF+3 was the recommended fluid, it is now recommended to use ATF+4.
• Better anti-wear properties
• Improved rust/corrosion prevention
• Controls oxidation
• Eliminates deposits
• Controls friction
• Retains anti-foaming properties
• Superior properties for low temperature operation
Mopar ATF+4 has exceptional durability. However, the red dye used in ATF+4 is not permanent; as the fluid ages, it may become darker or appear brown in color. ATF+4 also has a unique odor that may change with age. With ATF+4 fluid, color and odor are no longer indicators of fluid condition and do not necessarily support a fluid change.