DENSO received 11 General Motors (GM) Supplier Quality Excellence awards worldwide for its efforts in 2014. The award, which is GM’s highest global award for supplier quality, recognizes production plants and facilities that meet a stringent set of quality performance criteria.
“Quality is the foundation of DENSO, and to be recognized by General Motors is a great honor,” said Scott Crockett, director of quality for DENSO International America Inc., DENSO’s North American headquarters. “Without our employees’ great attention to detail and hard work, we wouldn’t be able to achieve these levels of quality and receive multiple awards.”
In North America, the following DENSO locations were recognized:
• DENSO Manufacturing Tennessee Inc. – Plant 201 in Maryville, Tenn., (third consecutive year)
• DENSO Manufacturing Tennessee Inc. – Plant 101/102 in Maryville, Tenn.
• DENSO Manufacturing Athens Tennessee Inc. in Athens, Tenn.
• DENSO Mexico S.A. de C.V. – Guadalupe Plant in Guadalupe City, Nuevo León State, Mexico
• ASMO Greenville of North Carolina Inc. in Greenville, N.C.
Around the world, the following locations were honored:
• DENSO Corp. – Daian Plant in Inabe, Mie prefecture, Japan
• DENSO Corp. – Anjo Plant in Anjo, Aichi Prefecture, Japan
• Hamanako DENSO Co. Ltd. – Hamaden Plant in Kosai City, Shizuoka Prefecture, Japan
• DENSO Barcelona S.A. in Barcelona, Spain
• DENSO Korea Electronics Corp. in KyongNam, Changwon, Sungsangu, Oedong
• ASMO Czech, s.r.o. in Zruč nad SÁzavou, Czech Republic
The GM Supplier Quality Excellence Award was implemented in 2012 as a way to recognize the top 7 percent of product suppliers that are compliant and meet a stringent set of quality performance criteria as well as provide cross-functional support to GM. Suppliers are awarded based on their performance from July 1 through June 30 each year.