Bendix Commercial Vehicle Systems LLC will construct a new headquarters in Northeast Ohio, expected to be within a 20-mile radius of its current Elyria location. The date for groundbreaking for the new headquarters has not yet been finalized and is also contingent on final approvals from state and local entities. The company will continue to operate out of its current Elyria headquarters until construction of the new headquarters is complete.
“Bendix has always been proud of the talented and innovative Northeast Ohio workforce that has helped fuel our growth and success. We are grateful for our time in Elyria and for the support and cooperation we have received from the community over our many decades here,” said Bendix Chairman Joe McAleese. “The rapid and continuous growth we have experienced – especially over the past 12 years – now means we have exceeded the capabilities and capacity of our current headquarters location. This move will enable us to further expand our business and sustain our ability to develop solutions to meet the needs of the commercial vehicle industry.”
Bendix established its current Elyria headquarters in 1941, when the company was known as Bendix-Westinghouse.
More than 500 members of the organization’s more than 2,800-person workforce are employed at Bendix in Elyria, overseeing the company’s research, development, engineering, testing, sales and marketing. Since 2002, Bendix has been a member of the Munich, Germany-based Knorr-Bremse Group. Knorr-Bremse is a leading worldwide supplier of pneumatic braking and related safety systems for commercial vehicle and railroad applications.