To help technicians that buy and sell Bendix branded brake products better understand today’s complex braking systems, the Bendix team has several training classes available. These courses cover hydraulic braking, light truck and SUV ABS systems, Delphi VI ABS and traction control systems, import brakes, braking electronics and more.
1. Automotive Hydraulic Brake Diagnosis: This seminar is intended to help technicians promptly diagnose hydraulic circuit problems on today’s braking systems. Some items that will be reviewed include cause/effect of restrictions in a hydraulic system, fluid transfer of motion, brake circuit valves and functions, booster operation and diagnosis, and more.
2. SUV and Light Truck ABS: This three-hour course will cover Kelsey-Hayes 4WAL fundamentals of the ABS microprocessor, hydraulic control circuit and proper bleeding techniques. The course will help technicians differentiate ABS cycling from false ABS cycling as well as give an overview of proper bleeding techniques to help reduce customer comebacks.
3. Delphi VI ABS and Traction Control: Focusing on the most popular ABS traction control system utilized by GM from model year 1991-2000, the course will cover ABS/traction control processor functions and operations, proper bleeding techniques, problem-solving scenarios, how to help reduce diagnostic time, and procedures for dismantling the Delphi VI ABS hydraulic unit.
4. Import Braking Systems: This course focuses on the most popular ABS utilized by Honda in the 1990s and covers microprocessor strategies, fault code flash-out and the differences between hard, soft and false codes. The class will also employ problem-solving techniques to help reduce common brake problems.
5. Automotive Brake Electrical and Electronic Seminar: The first part of this two-session course is intended to provide technicians with the fundamental knowledge of electrical theory, including Ohm’s Law, Kirchoff’s Law as well as series, parallel and series-parallel electrical circuits. The second session will cover electronic components, brake system sensors and deciphering wire diagrams.
6. Top 10 Ways to Reduce Comebacks: A powerful 90-minute segment on how to properly perform brake repair, this class is perfect for the entry-level technician or the master tech that needs a refresher course. The trainer will review the top ten errors repair shops currently make during brake repair and the corrective actions needed to help minimize comebacks.
For more information on Bendix training classes, technicians and shop owners should contact their local Bendix supplier. Warehouse distributors and jobbers should call (248) 362-7186 or e-mail [email protected].