From Tire Review
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. and three of its private brand customers have issued recalls of Cooper-produced radials designed for fitment on SUVs and pickup trucks.
According to NHTSA, the approximately 10,000 tires involved – produced at Cooper’s plant in Texarkana, AR – may suffer from “contaminated rubber” that could cause a tread separation.
The recalled tires include Cooper Discoverer and Mastercraft Courser tires, as well as tires sold by Del-Nat, Pep Boys and TBC.
The affected tires are:
• Cooper Discoverer H/T in sizes P265/70R17 and LT235/85R16
• Cooper Discoverer LSX in size 265/70R17
• Mastercraft Courser HTR in size LT235/85R16
• Del-Nat Delta A/S Sierradial in size 265/70R17
• Del-Nat National A/S Commando in size 265/70R17
• Pep Boys Definity Dakota H/T in size P265/70R17
• TBC Sigma Stampede Radial SUV in size P265/70R17
The tires were produced during the weeks of Dec. 11-17, 2011, and Jan. 1 7, 2012.