2006 Altima (L31)
2006-’07 Murano (Z50)
2006-’08 Maxima (A43), 350Z (Z33)
2006-’09 Sentra (B16), Frontier (D40), Xterra (N50), Pathfinder (R51), Titan (A60), Armada (TA60), Quest (V42)
2007-’09 Versa (C11), Altima (L32), Altima Hybrid (L32HV),
2008-’09 Altima Coupe (CL32), Rogue (S35)
2009 Maxima (A35), 350Z Roadster (Z33), Murano (Z51), 370Z (Z34), GT-R (R35)
If you have a vehicle with the MIL on that has a DTC P0603 stored in the ECM:
– Perform the diagnostic steps in this bulletin first.
– This DTC may have been stored due to a series of previous low battery voltage, dead battery or battery terminal disconnections.
– Do not perform any other diagnostic procedures or repairs for this code until you have performed the ones in this bulletin.
– See the Service Procedure in this bulletin for additional detail.
1. Connect Consult III to the vehicle.
2. Turn the ignition to On, but do not start the engine.
3. Check for DTCs: (see Fig. 1)
– Confirm that DTC P0603 is stored. If P0603 is not stored, this TSB does not apply.
– If any additional DTCs are stored, document the DTCs before proceeding.
4. Erase all DTCs. Confirm that the engine has no DTC stored. See Fig. 2.
5. Turn off the ignition. Wait exactly 5 minutes after the display changes from “No DTC” To “Error.” See Fig. 3.
Note: This waiting period is necessary for the ECM to completely shut off. Do not disconnect either battery cable at any time during this procedure.
6. Turn the ignition to On, but do not start the engine. Wait 10 seconds after the display changes from “Error” to “No DTC.” See Fig. 4.
If DTC P0603 does not display after the system check:
• This will indicate P0603 was caused by a series of previous low battery voltage, dead battery or battery terminal disconnections.
• The vehicle harness, connections and ECM are operating properly.
• Do not replace the ECM. No further action is necessary concering P0603.
• Go to step 9.
If DTC P0603 does display after the system check:
• Go to step 8.
7. Repeat step 5 and 6 five more times to complete the system check.
8. Refer to the appropriate electronic service manual for further DTC P0603 diagnostic assistance.
9. If other DTCs were previously stored, refer to the appropriate electronic service manual for further diagnostic assistance for those DTCs.
Courtesy of Mitchell 1.
Brake and Front End Staff
Latest posts by Brake and Front End Staff (see all)
- Ford: ABS Light On With DTCs C1175, C1236, P0500 or P0503 - Apr 15, 2015
- Turbo Tech: Power Stroke 6.0 Diesel Turbo Control - Apr 14, 2015
- Composite Rotors Are Back - Apr 9, 2015