On May 9 and 10, 80 industry professionals and executives from leading companies in the automotive aftermarket industry met in Chicago for the Automotive Maintenance and Repair Association’s (AMRA) Spring Technical Committee meeting. This day-and-a-half meeting included informative and technical presentations covering topics that affect how service providers repair and maintain vehicles today, as well as their ability to build trust with the motorist.
Some of the topics highlighted in the meeting were:
- “Why Motorists Approve Recommendations” – Uwe Kleinschmidt, AutoVitals
- “ADAS – Repair Opportunities for Service Providers” – Ryan Kooiman, Standard Motor Products
- “Modern Engine Designs’ Impact on Automotive Care” – Dr. David Turcotte, Valvoline
- “Tire Registration – Then, Now and Tomorrow” – David Martin, TIA
- “Tire Registration and Recall” – Joe Donehue, Tiremetrix
- “Investigating Post-Repair Wheel Failure” – Jim Mueller, Team Torque
The event also included a multi-company update on TPMS, followed by a panel discussion with JohnDow Industries, Huf North America, Dill Air Controls, ATEQ and Bartec. Day one ended with a networking dinner at a local upscale restaurant, allowing attendees to network and enjoy food and drinks while discussing the day’s meeting. AMRA also utilized this meeting to continue its review of the Uniform Inspection & Communication Standards (UICS) covering components in the vehicle brake category.
AMRA hosts three Technical Committee Meetings each year that are open to all members. Each meeting includes presentations to provide information and knowledge to service providers and others within the automotive industry to ensure our standards stay up to date. The next Technical Committee Meeting will be held Aug. 29-30 in Chicago.
For more information about AMRA’s Technical Committee Meetings or memberships, contact the group at 847-947-2650 or [email protected].